Friday, July 12, 2013

Listen to What the Man Said

It had only been a month since I saw Sir Paul in NYC but I was just as excited to see him again. This time, the scene shifted outside to Boston's Fenway Park. With Laura and our ties to the city, we were both looking forward to returning to the Back Bay and having another good time and rockin' out to some good tunes. But It didn't quite start off that way.
For the pre-show drinks, we headed to the Bleacher Bar; an awesome bar located underneath the outfield stands. Normally for baseball games, the door is open so we can see onto the field. But since this view would now be to the backstage area , it was covered with a tarp. Not cool. But luckily they had the garage-style door up so we could here the sound check, which may have been the best moment of the evening for me. Although it was a little difficult to hear Paul, I did make out a few songs that he didn't play in his regular set: Penny Lane, C Moon, Matchbox and Sing the Changes. Wow!!

At around 7:00 pm, we made our way into the stadium to get situated and find our seats. This is where things started to get bad. As you can see by the picture below, we had, not only an obstructed view, but it blocked the entire center stage where the band would be. Seriously? I wasn't going to stand for this. Nowhere on our ticket did it say 'obstructed view' and for $250 for a pair of tickets i expect better. So I made a b-line for customer service. Luckily, they encounter this issue often and had seats and new tickets ready for those who had been given these awful seats. We traded in our tickets and set off to find our new seats.
Can you say upgrade?!?! Wow, in a major way at that!! We were re-located to the field level and as you can see by the pictures below, pretty much center stage!! So awesome! I mean, how often do you get to stand on the field at Fenway Park right where Dustin Pedroia plays? Too cool!!
Paul delivered almost the exact same show I saw in NYC, which was okay for me as I can never get tired of hearing his tunes. You can reference my last McCartney post to see what songs he played if you are interested. The stadium setting provided a great atmosphere and luckily, the predicted rain storms stayed away. I leave you with some great images from what turned out to be an amazing night!!

Pyro


Sing-A-Long
I Saw Here Standing There

Record Crowd
Thank You Boston!!
Confetti Shower

No comments:

Post a Comment