Thursday, June 23, 2011

I came in from the wilderness, a creature void of form. "Come in" she said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm".

Like a Rolling Stone, Dylan Guajardo became my second Doxie and the first one that LP and I will share together. We were told he is a mini like his older brother Jagger but he already is almost the same size as Jagger and is only six months old. I am guessing he is a standard. So when I left for work yesterday I knew that a volunteer from the Central Texas Dachshund Rescue was coming by for a meet-n-greet with Jagger and Laura. I assumed we would at least sleep on it, but the lady was telling Laura she couldn't keep him overnight because her dog did not get along with Dylan (formerly Tonka...um no.) and we would have to take him. Now I don't know if this was a ploy for them to encourage us to get him but it worked and LP wrote the check to cover the admin. costs. In keeping with our theme of rock-n-roll names for the dogs we decided on Dylan; after the greatest songwriter ever!!!
I can already tell this is going to test my patience, as well as Jagger's (see below), because he A.) isn't fully house-broken B.) full of WAY too much energy and C.) isn't comfortable just yet with his surroundings. I forgot how hard it is with a new puppy so the next few months will be trying. But we are looking forward to it and hope Jagger will eventually come to love him and hopefully it will add a few years to his life.

"How does it feeeeeel..."

No comments:

Post a Comment